Thursday, September 3, 2015

What We've Been Up To

I have been a busy bee over at my blog, Grace for That. You really should join me over there. But, since you haven't yet done so, let's catch you up on the happenings. 

Right before the school year started I blew a gasket when I discovered the teacher we hand-picked for Eon for this year, with whom he'd already developed a relationship, had changed grades!!! I work through my internal drama about that little fiasco in Freaking Out and Doing Nothing.

About a month ago, I wrote about launching our oldest to the other side of the world country in Go Forth, Guinea Pig. She will be training in urban missions and is still raising support. Please click on the link and read all about it, as well as my parental insecurities. Yikes. 

On the twenty-third of last month, the Serb turned six, two-and-a-half years after he joined our family. I wrote an update on his wonderfulness in A Full Heart, and my eyes well up just thinking about how far he's come. 

I shared one of my biggest fears, to which many on the
special needs journey can relate in When Little Outgrows Big.

And, finally, I get my preach on a bit and get off my high horse with my revelation that I don't want to be used mightily, anymore. I don't want Pursue American Awesome. I want to be used minimally. I want to be content with the unknown average, while pursuing simple obedience to God. I Want To Be Used Minimally.

I hope you'll check it out, if you see one you're interested in, and share with a friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment