Monday, February 16, 2015

Two Years My Son

Two years ago, we did what, at the time, seemed like the bravest, craziest, scariest thing. We left our seven children in the care of various people, flew across the world to a strange land, and claimed an unknown orphan as our own.
alps
We look at that act now and think, “Duh. Of course we did. How else could we have gotten our Bo?”
Funny thing about the unknown. It always looks bigger than reality. It makes me wonder what things I have missed out on, dismissed out of hand because they looked too big, too scary. How many times have I let fear win and missed the “duh”? But, this time, I didn’t. I tear up just thinking about all the times I almost walked away...
(Please read the rest of the story here on my new blog, Grace for That. Be sure and sign up to have future posts sent to your inbox!)

No comments:

Post a Comment