Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Coveting Freedom

I turned off the computer and went to bed, completely green with envy. Sleep wouldn’t come. One of my friends was jetting off to an exotic land on a missions trip with her daughter, and another on a tropical romantic get-away with her husband. Proof in pictures for both displayed on Facebook. I couldn’t stand to think about it, but could think of nothing else.
My discontent had been brewing for weeks.
While I adore these children God has entrusted me with, there is no denying that the special needs life can be trying. I had been focusing only on the trials.
Recently, the radio station I listen to has been encouraging listeners to call in to win a trip. Always up for a contest, I reached for my phone the first time it was announced. As I punched in the number, I suddenly stopped as awareness swept over me. I hit end call, instead. Even if we won a trip, we couldn’t go. There is no one who could watch Bo for an extended time.
The realization was a bitter pill. I felt stuck.
(Read the rest of the story here over at Grace for That.)

No comments:

Post a Comment