Sunday, January 23, 2011

Things I wish my children knew

Here are 5 things I wish my children knew:
  1. Everything is not an emergency. There are true emergencies in life. They usually involve blood or fire. So, unless there is blood (must be dripping or spurting) or fire, do not interrupt my phone call, bathroom break, or nap. Really, don't. Because then we might have an emergency.
  2. There are injustices in the world. Children sent to mental institutions just because they have an extra chromosome is one of them. Getting a smaller piece of cake than your siblings is not.
  3. Honesty really is the best policy. Why? Because you stink at lying. I will catch you and, even if I can't prove you are lying, we both know you are. My trust in you plummets to zero and neither of us wants that. I allow very few good things to happen to you when I don't trust you. So, just tell the truth.
  4. I love you. I believe in you. I am behind you. I am your biggest fan, your greatest champion, and your strongest supporter. I am incredibly blessed to be your mom!
  5. God is real and He is good. Never stop talking to Him, even if you're mad at Him. He's big. He can take it. It is hard for me to believe this, but He loves you even more than I do. He will never leave you. Ever. He will never fail you. I have failed you before and I probably will again, but He won't.
That's my list, so far. What's your list?

3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, Tara! :)

    Unloading the dishwasher gets you points whether the points are immediately or in the future... just unload the dishwasher! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't add to it- it's a perfect list! :)

    ReplyDelete