Thursday, January 14, 2010

Music

Like most babies, Simeon loves music. I have sung to all my babies, but this kid actually seems to like it. If he's fussy (which generally only happens when he's waiting for an overdue bottle), I just break into song to soothe him. He's a huge fan of "If You're Happy and You Know It", but a new favorite is the Hee-Haw classic that starts, "Where, Oh Where Are You Tonight..." He really likes the spitting part. :)

When he was a newborn, my husband read somewhere that the group, ABBA (Of "Dancing Queen" fame) has a huge Down syndrome following....something about the off-beat that appeals to those with Ds? I don't know. But, every once in awhile, Daddy puts on an ABBA song just for his boy. I think we'll have to wait until he's older to see if he really has a preference for it. :)

1 comment: