Saturday, May 30, 2009

We have a surgery date!

Eon's surgery is scheduled for June 12. We go to Riley on the 11th for pre-op which will take 5-7 HOURS! We will not know until then what time his surgery will be. I am so glad we live close to the hospital. I can't wait to be on the other side of this! I'm doing very well and continue to have amazing peace about putting his life into another's hands, probably because I already have. He is not mine. His life belongs to the One who made him. I will fight for him, pray for him, love him, challenge him, disciple him, play with him, and provide him with every opportunity for a full life, but ultimately, I am not in control. Praise God - I am not in control!

We've had a busy weekend attending graduation open houses. Eon seems to enjoy being passed from person to person. He's a big hit with our friends and the friends of his siblings. Speaking of siblings, the middle four are staying with their Aunt Tonya for a week so we can get some projects completed around here. It is very quiet. I think Eon misses the commotion and bedlam as he seems a little fussier than usual. I think Aunt Tonya should be considered for sainthood. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you and your family on June 12. Praying for a smooth ride in surgery and a quick and easy recovery after. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying for Simeon and his surgeons and you!!! It's so hard on us parents as we wait and pray for our babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be thinking of/praying for you on the 12th. What all does the surgery entail?

    Anna has her eye surgery on the 12th - certainly not as scary as cardio surgery, though!

    ReplyDelete